Event & Office Administrator
LMF is a busy industry hub at the centre of the historic London Insurance Market, bringing together insurance professionals to learn, network and collaborate. Every year, thousands of professionals have the opportunity to participate in our roundtables, summits, social events and other gatherings, alongside our Corporate Members and a wide range of subject matter experts, with the aim of assisting attendees in their learning and building lasting relationships.
LMF is proud to operate on a Not for Profit basis and offer a "free to access" platform for all insurance professionals for almost 10 years. Each year, LMF facilitates around 40+ Market events plus the very popular Market People Awards, as a well as the Market People Magazine, an E-Newsletter on our website and on LinkedIn, alongside informative social media content.
We are now looking for an administrator to assist our Managing Director and team members in helping to organise our event programme and also support us in general office administration duties. These will include:
- Sourcing suitable venues for events
- Liaising with our Practitioner Members
- Organising our annual calendar of events
- Liaising with our Corporate Members and Sponsors
- Assisting in the preparation of digital materials for events
- Attending events (including unsociable hours - breakfasts and evening drinks) and managing "front of house" facilities
- Managing relationships with venue staff
- Working with our web team members to ensure our site is updated
- Support the Managing Director with all day to day office administration activities including quarterly financial accounts/receipt/invoice management
- Highly organised - would suit an experienced event manager, Personal Assistant or Office Manager
- Numerate and fluent in English
- Able to self manage
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous office and commercial experience - at least 3 years preferred and someone who has already worked in the Square Mile
- Minimum: GCSE's either Grade 7 and above or Grade B and above in maths, English and other relevant subjects
- Degree or Apprenticeship candidates considered
- UK resident or full "Right to Work" in the UK, eligibility - (would prefer applicants to live within 45 mins of central London, as early starts and late finishes are sometimes required)
- Fluent English language
- Ability to converse in business English and write comprehensive business communications
- Flexibility in working hours, due to participating in events
- Willing to be office based at least 3 days a week in our central London Office
LMF is a big supporter of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
With respect, please no international candidates, unless you are already in the UK and/OR have a FULL "Right to Work" in the UK permit AND you reside within a reasonable distance of London, due to the nature of the work and the early/late starts/finishes.